Sport & Performance Psychologist, Executive Coach, Speaker, Author
Dr. Ross Flowers establishes professional relationships and builds tailored programs to meet the specific needs of each client. Dr. Ross Flowers is a sport & performance psychologist and executive coach who takes pride in being a valuable resource in achieving excellence. With years of experience in sport, psychology and performance at every level, Dr. Flowers works efficiently and effectively to teach skills that are essential to performance, so clients can maximize the pleasures of excellence.
The author of, Introducing Your Child to Sports: An Expert's Answers to Parents' Questions about Raising a Healthy, Balanced, Happy Athlete, Dr. Ross Flowers offers his unique 360 degree perspective - as a noted sport psychologist, former elite athlete and coach, and father of young athletes himself - to answer the 70 most-asked questions of concerned parents contemplating their child's participation in sports.
Dr. Ross Flowers is an experienced sport and performance psychologist, executive coach, author and speaker. He is a partner in Giles Consulting Group, a leadership development coach for the Center for Creative Leadership, international sport psychologist, psychologist in the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, and sport psychology instructor. Dr. Flowers designs, teaches, and implements skills development programs for culturally diverse individuals, teams and organizations.
Dr. Flowers served at the Associate Director level of the United States Olympic Committee as a senior sport psychologist. In addition to creating sport psychology programs for national governing bodies of sport and implementing services to teams and individuals, Dr. Flowers successfully integrated performance services into the culture of an Olympic Training Center through coaching, mentoring, psycho-education, psychotherapy, individual and group consultation, leadership training, team building, capital project requests, research, written reports, educational programming, and training venue development. He served on many USA World Cup, World Championship and Olympic teams for summer and winter sports.
Dr. Flowers founded and directed the Applied Sport Psychology Program at the University of California, Davis, working in Counseling and Psychological Services and the Intercollegiate Athletics Department serving 26 intercollegiate athletic programs, over 800 student-athletes and 121 coaches and staff. He also supervised the professional development of psychology doctoral candidates specializing in applied sport psychology.
Dr. Flowers's productivity in the realm of elite performance enhancement is supported by his background as an elite athlete, NCAA Division 1 coach, and consultant to national and international business professionals. Dr. Flowers has a doctorate of philosophy in counseling psychology from the University of Missouri-Kansas City with emphasis in performance and sport psychology, and a bachelor of arts in psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Youth and High School Students and Student-Athletes
- Parents of Student-Athletes
- University Student-Athletes and Coaches
- NBA Teams, National Basketball Players Association
- NFL Players and Coaches, NFL Players Association
- Olympic Athletes and Coaches, Olympians, Olympic Medalists
- Business Executives, Directors, Managers
For Coaches & Team Managers
- Build a positive and rewarding team culture
- Develop a trusting leadership/coaching style
- Effectively communicate and coach the next generation
- Assess athlete's acceptance and integration of coaching and training
- Identify and build strengths in performance
For Meeting Planners & Event Chairs
- Inspire your audience with a glimpse into the minds of high performers
- Learn how elite athletic performance directly correlates with maximum employee performance
- Discover the secrets of optimum teamwork for maximum results
- Tailor presentation to the needs of the target audience
For Executives & Managers
- Execute effective goal and performance planning
- Enhance work team environment
- Identify areas for performance improvement
- Clarify methods and strategies for performance development
- Reduce performance anxiety and stress
Giles Consulting Group, LLC Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 211031 Phone: 619-227-6304
Chula Vista, CA 91921
Ross Flowers, Ph.D.
Chula Vista | Giles Consulting Group | 619-227-6304